Special Use Facilities

Corpening Plaza

Water featureCorpening Plaza was developed in the 1970s and was first known as Triad Park Plaza. The park was renamed in honor of Mayor Wayne Corpening, who served as mayor of Winston-Salem from 1977-1989. The plaza is used for concerts and other public events throughout the year.

Grace Court

Grace Court was established in 1905. The West End Hotel and Land Co. gave the land for Grace Court to the city in 1905. In 1969, the Winston-Salem Junior Woman's Club, in cooperation with the city, raised money to construct a decorative pool and fountain.

Liberty Street

Liberty Street Park features the city’s Vendor Market, which offers citizens the opportunity to hold events and sell a variety of goods.

Winston Square

The Winston Square Park, built around an amphitheater and fountain, offers an open space in the heart of downtown.