Who is required to report under the Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Act (SARA)?

Federal and State laws require facilities that manufacture, store, or use hazardous materials to report to the SERC, the LEPC, and the local fire department, if 55 gallons or 500 pounds of any hazardous material requiring a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is present on-site. However, if the chemical is considered by the Environmental Protection Agency to be an Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS), the reportable quantity falls to the Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ) for each chemical, which may be lower. Also exceeding the TPQ of certain Extremely Hazardous Materials may require further actions of the facility operators.

Show All Answers

1. I have some old paint, paint thinner and motor oil to dispose of, where can I take it?
2. I have some building materials containing asbestos, where can I dispose of it?
3. Sewage is running across my neighbor's backyard and over into my yard, what should I do?
4. What protective actions should I take in the event of a tornado?
5. What type supplies should I keep on hand for emergency situations?
6. How do I find out if my house is located in a flood zone?
7. If public shelters are opened in Forsyth County for sever weather conditions, how do I find out where they are, when to go and what to take with me?
8. If I am deaf or have special medical needs, do I go to a regular public shelter?
9. What are the Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Act (SARA) and North Carolina Right to Know reporting requirements for Forsyth County?
10. Who is required to report under the Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Act (SARA)?
11. When is the deadline for submitting Tier Two Reports?