I'm new to curbside collection. What do I do with my old garbage cans?

If you want, the city will recycle your old garbage cans, plastic or metal, any size or shape. Call City Link at 336-727-8000 and then set your cans at the curb with a note attached. Someone from Sanitation will come by and pick them up.

Show All Answers

1. I'm new to curbside collection. What do I do with my old garbage cans?
2. Why is the city switching to curbside collection?
3. Will the cart be big enough for all my garbage?
4. One 96-gallon container is not enough for me. Can I get another rollout cart?
5. I have a rollout yard-waste cart. Can I use that for my excess trash?
6. When will the city start curbside collection?
7. What about those who are physically unable to roll out their garbage cart?
8. Is the cart mine to keep?
9. Are these carts a traffic safety hazard?
10. How do we keep the lids and carts from blowing down the street once the crews empty the carts?
11. What happens if I forget to roll my cart to the street?
12. Will my collection day change?
13. What can I put in the rollout cart?
14. Can I set out other garbage containers?
15. Can I place excess garbage next to the cart at the curb?
16. Do I still need to bag my trash?
17. When should I put the rollout cart out?
18. What happens if I do not obey the guidelines for when to set out and remove my cart?
19. What if I have to be out of town during collection?
20. I was in the voluntary curbside collection program. How am I affected?
21. What if my cart gets damaged or stolen?