Can a property owner reduce their stormwater fee?

Other communities may offer fee exemptions if runoff from the property does not impact the public drainage system or if a property owner installs a stormwater management control that is not a result of a development requirement in order to improve water quality or to reduce flooding within applicable standards.

City of Winston-Salem does not currently have a fee credit policy. However, a property owner may reduce stormwater fees by reducing the amount impervious area of the billed property. This reduction can be reported to the City and the bill would be reduced based on the amount of impervious area removed.

Show All Answers

1. Why do we have a stormwater service?
2. Where does the money go?
3. Which department provides the stormwater service?
4. How can a property owner find out more information about their bill?
5. How often will a citizen get billed for stormwater service?
6. Where is the stormwater fee located the customer's bill?
7. What happens if the stormwater fee is not paid?
8. Why has the stormwater fee changed?
9. Why did the residential fee change from a flat rate to a tiered rate?
10. What if a property owner thinks the impervious area of their property is incorrect?
11. Can a property owner reduce their stormwater fee?
12. How does the City determine the impervious surface area of a property?
13. Where can the impervious surface area value be found?
14. How is the billing tier for a location determined?
15. How is the stormwater fee determined?
16. What is impervious surface area?