How do I apply for assistance?
  • Please call 311 to receive more information about the application process
  • You will need to upload the following documentation for your application to be considered complete:
  • Copy of valid North Carolina Driver’s License or other government issued photo identification
  • Documentation of all household income (Two (2) current Payroll Check Stubs, Benefits Statement from Social Security and Pension)
  • Tax returns for (2) two consecutive years
  • A mortgage statement that includes the address of your mortgage company and payment information
  • Proof of Homeowner’s Insurance including insurance company’s address
  • Copy of your most recent Duke Power bill and/or Piedmont Natural Gas bill
  • Power of Attorney, if applicable
  • Divorce Decree, if applicable
  • Death Certificate, if applicable

**If you need assistance applying or uploading documents please contact our office at 336-727-8000.

Show All Answers

1. Who can apply for assistance?
2. How do I apply for assistance?
3. What types of assistance is offered under Housing rehabilitation?
4. Is assistance offered year round?
5. Is this a grant?
6. If I apply how long does it take until the work is done on my house?
7. Can I apply more than once?
8. Does the City place a lien on my property?
9. What happens to my loan if I pass away?
10. What happens to my home if I cannot repay my loan?
11. What if I’m a renter?
12. Can I pick my Contractor?
13. Am I approved once I apply?
14. Is the work under warranty?
15. Is there an income limit?
16. Do we check for lead?
17. Do we help with bed bugs?
18. How do I assume a loan?
19. How do I request a subordination?
20. What will my payment be?
21. How long is my payment term?
22. What is my interest rate?