How do I request a subordination?
  • We ask that the Lending Institution submit the following:
    • Good Faith Estimate
    • Appraisal
    • Loan Modification Application
    • A letter from the applicant requesting the subordination on the lending institution letterhead.
    • The most recent mortgage statement
  • The items listed above may be mailed to

City of Winston-Salem
Community Development Dept.
Lending Division
100 E. First St., Suite 423
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

Show All Answers

1. Who can apply for assistance?
2. How do I apply for assistance?
3. What types of assistance is offered under Housing rehabilitation?
4. Is assistance offered year round?
5. Is this a grant?
6. If I apply how long does it take until the work is done on my house?
7. Can I apply more than once?
8. Does the City place a lien on my property?
9. What happens to my loan if I pass away?
10. What happens to my home if I cannot repay my loan?
11. What if I’m a renter?
12. Can I pick my Contractor?
13. Am I approved once I apply?
14. Is the work under warranty?
15. Is there an income limit?
16. Do we check for lead?
17. Do we help with bed bugs?
18. How do I assume a loan?
19. How do I request a subordination?
20. What will my payment be?
21. How long is my payment term?
22. What is my interest rate?